Help us celebrate being a finalist for the Art Fund Prize for Museum of the Year 2013, by coming to the MAA’s Gala Weekend.
There will be 3 days of drop-in activities, tours, and demonstrations across the first May Bank Holiday weekend – 4th-6th May, 10.30 am – 4.30 pm.
It’s our 100th year in our Downing Site home, so keep your eye out for some Edwardian archaeologists and anthropologists on the day.
We’ve organised a range of family friendly activities, come and try something new:
- Have a go on the full-size replica catapult in the courtyard
- Dress up and get your photo take in the Edwardian photo booth
- Watch a demonstration of prehistoric butchery using stone tool
- Decorate the Museum by making bunting with us
- Explore the Cabinet of Curiosities
- Learn more about local history on expert-led tours
So bring your friends and family, get involved and have some bank holiday fun!